DEAD POETS SOCIETY
On the days when life feels like a chore, and time seems to stand still, I find myself thinking about this movie.
Robin Williams, a legend gone too soon, has time and again reminded me why life is worth living. John Keating, the man who affirmed my love for literature.
You can see Awakenings or Good Will Hunting, and his character never fails to spellbind the viewer. However, the Dead Poets Society is my muse on the days when life just seems to drag on.
I remember watching it for the first time when I was 15. Like most teenagers, I did not know what I wanted to do, but "O' Captain, My Captain!" made me feel seen.
The dialogue, the cinematography, and the gaze of that movie are just ineffable. Now I am a decade older, and almost everything has changed in my life from the time when I first watched this movie.
However, the Dead Poets Society has been a constant in my life. Watching it makes me feel grateful for finding what I want to do and having the support to do it. Moreover, it makes me feel grateful for having my own Mr. Keating(s) at a point in my life when I needed them the most.
.jpeg)

Comments
Post a Comment